This article provides brief detail to manage CSP service i.e. how to add & manage Skype for business Users, Shared\Resource Mailboxes, Teams etc. under CSP tenant.
This article applies to MachPanel build v6.2.10 and above.
Following articles must already be followed to be able to manage a subscription:
Below KB article provides a summary for CSP/Office 365 Configuration for MachPanel Control Server.
- MachPanel Control Server Setup and Configuration.
- Service Account Permissions and Other Configuration on Microsoft Partner Center and Microsoft Azure Portal.
- Adding CSP Profile in MachPanel
Below KB article provides summary on CSP Service Plan Creation
and Provisioning of CSP Tenant
or how to subscribe a CSP service.
Management of CSP Tenants
- Send CSP Invitation: Send CSP Invitation email which include Invitation link to customers.
- Navigate to the following path: Home » Service Director » Microsoft CSP Management » Accounts.
- From Options column select Manage as shown below:
- Under "General Settings" tab, you can Edit, Sync All with Microsoft CSP, Sync domains, licenses, policies and roles.
- You can also add a workflow to schedule sync from CSP/Microsoft 365. Navigate to Home > Service Director > General > Workflows and click "Add Workflow"
- Select the Workflow type "Microsoft CSP - Sync from Bacnkend".
- Provide Workflow Name and Select Tenants.
- Provide Execution Date and Time.
- Provide Time to repeat or check "Unlimited"
- Provide Repeat Interval in day(s).
- Click Save
- Under "Account Information" tab, you can Update Customer Account Information.
Adding Users, assigning roles, Licenses etc.
In order to add Skype for business Users, Click on Add User as shown below:
- Provide users primary details in Add User section as shown below:
- In Settings section, assign Role and select Role, provide Sign-In Status etc.
- In Licenses section, Select location and select licenses.
In User menu, using Group Operation following task can be performed
Now, You can add email alias as "First name initial.Last name (j.smith)" as shown below
Important Note: If you get following error on adding User : Error
in syncing SfB user. Details: Error in fetching SfB user from Office
365. Details: Error Processing command: The remote name could not be
Please review following KB to resolve this issue first: http://kb.machsol.com/Knowledgebase/Article/54539
Creating Shared\Resource Mailboxes:
Similarly, you can Add Shared and Resource Mailboxes under their respective tabs.
- Provide Display Name, UPName, select Licenses, provide Exchange properties and Save.
Click Plus sign to expand and set required Exchange Properties. It includes
- General settings
- Customer Attributes
- Email Addresses
- Mailbox Features
- Sharing Policy
- Role Assignment Policy
- Retention policy
- ActiveSync enabled
- Email Connectivity
- Mailbox Archive
- Mail Flow Settings
- Enable email forwarding
- Message Size Restrictions
- Maximum sent message size (KB)
- Maximum received message size (KB)
- Message Delivery Restrictions
- Accept messages from
- Require that all senders are authenticated
- Reject message from
- Send As
- Full Access
- Calendar Permissions
Select the Skype for Business features you would like to have for the Shared Mailbox. It includes
- General Settings
- External Communications
- Dial-in Conferencing
Creating Resource Mailboxes (Room, Equipment)
- Under Resource Mailboxes tab you can select Room and Equipment Mailboxes as shown below:
Provide User Display Name and User Principal Name.In Licenses Section, Select location and select licenses.
Provide Exchange Properties and select other features as required. Click Save when done.
You can add Mail contacts by clicking Add Mail Contact and Sync all With Microsoft CSP as shown below:
Creating Distribution Groups:
You can add new Distribution Groups as well as "Sync All with Microsoft CSP" under Groups
tab as shown below:
Under General settings section provide Group Type. Following types of Group can be added for CSP tenants
- Distribution Groups
- Dynamic Distribution Groups
- Mail Enabled Security Groups
- Security Groups
- Office365 groups
Provide Display Name, Email Address, Group Alias, Privacy and Group owner.
- You have following options under Distribution Groups:
- Group Members
- Delivery Management
- Choose who can send messages to this group
- Accept message from
- Reject message from
- Group Delegation
- Email Options
The customer can also view Completed and Pending\Failed group actions. He can use search filter for all types of Actions and Status as shown below:
Adding SharePoint Site
- Click Add Site to add a SharePoint site, once the site has been added. You can Add User, Groups and Permission level etc.
- Following Group operation are available for SharePoint Users
Managing Teams/Configure Direct Routing Calling Plans:
You can configure Direct Routing under Teams tab as shown below:
- Under Assignments section you can Assign Direct Routing to Users/Resources. You can also use excel to assign direct routing in bulk.
- Sync Users and Resources which already have assigned direct routing / phone numbers at backend CSP
Under Audio conferencing section you can assign and select phone numbers for audio conferencing.
You can Add Phone numbers, Search and remove under Phone Numbers section: