This article provides a summary for CSP / Office 365 Configuration for MachPanel Control Server.
- MachPanel Control Server Setup and Configuration.
- Service Account Permissions and Other Configuration on Microsoft Partner Center and Microsoft Azure Portal.
- Adding CSP Profile in MachPanel
This article applies to MachPanel build version 6.2.10 and above.
MachPanel's Microsoft CSP / Office 365 Module is the only management software that completely wipes out the complexities in Office 365 management by its unified approach. It allows you to significantly reduce your time to manage users, groups, contacts and manipulate plenty of settings via single interface. It is simple, fast and consolidated admin center that allows you to perform numerous action at a time without waiting for any previous one to be completed.
For MachPanel to interact with Microsoft CSP / Office 365, there are multiple PowerShell modules required to be installed on MachPanel control server. Apart from PowerShell modules installation, there are other configuration steps involved and host machine environment requirements to complete and these are as follows.
Microsoft Dot Net Framework 4.5 or above shall be installed on host machine (In most cases it will be already installed on control server)
Execution policy for Windows PowerShell needs to be set to ‘RemoteSigned’ so that remote commands can be executed in shell. To set execution policy, please open windows PowerShell and type below command and then press enter to execute
- Ensure there is no "Microsoft Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell" v126.96.36.199 or older, Uninstall this if it is installed.
On the MachPanel Control Server Machine, navigate to: C:\Program Files\MachSol\MachPanel Control Server\Apps\O365\Installers and use the file SharePointOnlineManagementShell_7414-1200_x64_en-us to install SharePoint Online Module for Office 365.
To communicate with Microsoft Office 365 a windows service is built that will operate as a bridge between MachPanel and Microsoft Office 365. To install the service please locate “o365install.bat” file inside “C:\Program Files\MachSol\MachPanel Control Server\Apps\O365\Installers” directory.
RUN this file via Windows Shell with administrator privileges or simply right click and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Once the service is installed, open the services console in windows and locate service with name “MachPanel O365 Service” and make sure it is in Running state.
Note: o365install.bat file should be RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Once above steps are completed, reboot the
server. System reboot is mandatory step in configuration and must not be
To enable Microsoft CSP module in MachPanel Control Server, please navigate to Path: Home » System Configuration » Built-in Modules and select “Microsoft CSP” Checkbox as checked and press “Update Configuration” button. For detail see below screenshot of the interface:
Once CSP module is enabled, the next step is to add a CSP Profile.
Navigate to: Home » Service Director » Microsoft CSP » Microsoft CSP Profiles
Click on "Add CSP Profile" button.
You will be asked to fill following details:
- Login to Microsoft Partner Center click on "Dashboard >> View Users", this will land you on "User Management".
- For CSP Service Account following "roles and permissions" are required:
Summary of Steps to perform on Microsoft Azure Portal:
- Go to: https://portal.azure.com/ and login using your CSP Service Account, then navigate to "Azure Active Directory" >> "App Registrations".
- Here, either use Existing Application or create "New Registration".
- Add Redirect URI for your Web Application as: urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob
- Hit Register to register this application.