This articles provides information about how to update your MachPanel Remote Server to latest version.
MachPanel Remote Server all Versions
- Dot Net Framework 3.5 HTTP and HTTPS required.
- Dot Net 4.5.2 is also required for Remote Server updates (applies to 6.0.36 or later) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42643
- The servers on which
MachPanel Control Panel and MachPanel Remote Server are installed, need
to be exposed to internet (but can be limited only to our license and
update servers). You can enable access only to the update and license
servers so that configuration studio can download updates from our live
- Please ensure access to following addresses (HTTP and HTTPS) are allowed from control and remote servers:
- Copy all the files from this path: C:\Program Files\MachSol\MachPanel Remote Server\ and place them at another safe location as backup.
- Backed up files for Remote Server must be saved under the folder (MP_Remote_Files_Backup)
- Make sure that MachPanel Control Server is updated first. If not then first update MachPanel Control Server: https://kb.machsol.com/Knowledgebase/50181/Update-MachPanel-Control-Server-to-Latest-Version
- For Manual Update or replacing files/\folders (hotfixes etc.), please make sure that all the services are STOPPED from MachPanel Remote Configuration Studio. Verify from Task Manager that the following services are not running.
- MachSol.MachPanel Provisioning Service
Auto Update Procedure:
To update MachPanel to latest version, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open MachPanel Control Server Configuration Studio.
- Then go to the following navigation path in MachPanel Configuration Studio: Configure >> Software Updates.
- Click Check Available Updates button under Update Software tab on right pane of configuration studio.
- Click "Check Available Updates" button under Update Software tab on right
pane of configuration studio. If you get error 'No update available' at this
point, then open 'Run' and type 'regedit'. Then navigate to Computer >
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MachSol > Remote Configuration Studio.
Double click on CoreVersion to open it. Type in here the build version to which
you want to update to or the latest build version. For example to update to
build 6.4.50 type 6450 and click 'OK'. Now go back to configuration studio and
check update again.
- Then click on Download button.
- Finally click Install to Install the updates.
After the updates have been performed, make sure that the control and all the remote servers are on same build, otherwise they wont be able to communicate with each other.
Important Note: Please ensure that settings below are set ONCE on all Remote Servers as well as on Control Server for automatic updates to work:
- Change Registry of Control Panel Server to Set IP of Control Panel machine which is accessible from all remote servers. This IP will be replicated to all remote servers and the remote server will get updates as well as look to be on the same version as control panel with this IP:
- Change Registry on Remote Server as below:
- CoreIPAddress: Will be auto fetched from control but for first time, you have to set it same as IP of your control panel server.
- CoreVersion: Provide core version. Will be auto updated from control panel machine via the CoreIPAddress in future.
- CoreVersionFull:Provide full core version. Will be auto updated from control panel machine via the CoreIPAddress in future
Perform update on Control Panel and then on all Remote Servers.