This article provides information on how to update ADSync tool to latest v6.0
This article applies to ADSync v4.3 or v5.0 or v5.1
Procedure To Update:
You can directly update from v4.3/v5.0/v22.214.171.124 to v6.0 using this update.
You will need to
download the ZIP file from link given at bottom of this article, Ensure
the Zip file is "Unblocked"/"Unlocked" by checking from file Properties.
Then Extract and use the appropriate x64 or x86 files based on your
There are two options:
a. Auto update: If you want to let the update process run automatically, please run ADSync.UpdateInstaller.exe from
the extracted files. Please use "Run as Administrator" option. It will
perform couple of reboots on its own to complete the update. Also, you
need to run registry file (ADSync.PolicyLogger.reg) from update directory once update process is completed.
- Remove entry “ADSyncPolicy” from “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages“.
- Reboot Domain controller.
- Replace “ADSyncPolicy.dll, ADSync.PolicyLogger.dll and ADSync.ClientHelper.dll” files in "$windir\System32".
- Stop ADSyncSvc using Services.
- Replace "ADSync.ClientHelper.dll, ADSync.ConfigStudio.exe and ADSyncSvc.exe" in installation folder of ADSync
Example "C:\Program Files\MachSol\ADSync".
- Add entry “ADSyncPolicy” to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages“.
- Double click or run “ADSync.PolicyLogger.reg” file to update the linked assembly version in windows registry.
- Reboot the machine.
- Repeat Step 1-8 for all additional/secondary/backup domain controllers.
Improvements / New Features
Sync button will only sync recently updated groups/user data.
Resync will sync all users/groups data (Just like from beginning). Doesn't matter that the user/groups is recently updated or not.
Download link for ADSync Update Files: ADSync v6.0