This article provides a summary on adding and management of distribution lists in MachPanel.
This article applies to MachPanel all versions.
To add a distribution list navigate to the following path: Home » Service Director » Exchange Hosting » Exchange Accounts. Click on the Service Management link and then
select Distribution List tab.
Click on Add Distribution List to add a new DL.
- Type: Select type of the distribution list. It supports Simple Distribution Group, Room Distribution group, Security Group & Dynamic Distribution Group.
- Display Name: Enter the distribution list name in Display Name Box.
- Primary Email: Enter primary email address.
- Select option Require that all senders are authenticated (This setting is enforced by provider i.e. organization administrator is allow to change).
- Select the list manager from Managed By
drop-down list and click Add button. You can add Mailboxes, Contacts and Distribution Groups as List members.
Click on Add Bulk Distribution List button when done. In order to Bulk Delete Distribution lists, you have to select DL's .
- Primary Email: Enter primary email
- CSV file to import: Browse to select a
Click on Add Bulk Distribution List button when done.
Distribution list members receives the email sent to the distribution list.
They can also post email message to the list.
To add a distribution list member, select the distribution list for which you wish to add a new member. Click on
the List Members tab and select the list member
from Mailbox drop-down list. Click the Add button.
A distribution list can have multiple email addresses or aliases. This allows
the distribution list to receive messages that are addressed to any one of these
To add a new email address to a distribution list, click on the distribution list name for which you wish to add email address.
Select Email Address tab, enter the name of new
mail address in Email Address box and click on
Two types of Email addresses are supported
You may define Accept Message From and Restrict Message From settings for the distribution
To set restriction to a distribution list, click on the distribution list name for which you wish to set restrictions and
select Advanced tab.
The advanced interface displays following:
Accept Message From: There are two options to select
All senders: If selected, message will be
accepted from any sender.
Only senders in the following list: If you
selected, the message will be accepted only from the addresses selected from the
Reject Message From: There are two options to select
No senders: If selected, message will never be
Senders in the following list: If you
selected, the message will be rejected if coming from the addresses selected
from the list.
To grant Send As and Send On Behalf to a distribution list member, click on Send As tab and select the list member from
Mailbox drop-down list. Click the Grant Send As button. Similarly, lick on Send On Behalf tab and select the list member from
Mailbox drop-down list. Click the Save button.
To grant message approval to the mailboxes, a new tab for message approval has been added. If Enable/Disable checkbox on top is unchecked, all below settings are hidden.
Group Actions for Bulk Distribution List
Now you can perform various Group operation for bulk distribution lists.
Click on Plus sign to expand and select required group operation on distribution Lists.
- General Settings
- Hide from Exchange Address Lists: Checkbox
- Send out-of-office message to originator: Checkbox
- Delivery reports
- Send delivery reports to group manager
- Send delivery reports to message originator
- Do not send delivery reports
- *Maximum receiving message size (MB):
- Membership Approval
- Member Join Restriction:
- Member Leave Restriction:
- Require that all senders are authenticated:
- Accept message from:
- All senders
- Only senders in the following list
- Reject message from:
- No Senders
- Senders in the following list.
- Managed By
- Managed by (Dynamics and other DL.)
- Add List Members
- Remove List Members
- Grant Permissions
- Send As
- Send On Behalf
- Remove Permissions
- Message Approval
- Group Moderators:
- Senders who don't require message approval
- Select moderation notifications