This article provides a summary on management of Mailboxes in Exchange services.
This article applies to MachPanel all versions.
Create a new Mailbox under Mailboxes tab, and then click on the mailbox name in order to manage mailbox settings. see the snapshot below:
Please review the following Kb article to create a new mailbox:
- Under Group Actions the email alias for Last name has been added.
- Under Group Actions in General setting you can Process external meeting messages for room and equipment mailboxes.
For room mailbox you can set Booking Request default for new mailbox under Exchange server group settings as shown below
Under General button you can change display name and templates etc. Also Last login Date Time is also added as new feature in latest build: see the snapshot below:
Please review the following Kb article on how to create and apply templates:
A mailbox can have multiple email addresses or aliases. This allows the mail box
to receive messages that are addressed to any one of these e-mail addresses. Two types of Email aliases can be added:
Click on the mailbox name for which you wish to add email address. Select Email Address tab, enter the desired value in Email Address box and click on Add button.
Click on the mailbox name for which you wish set mail forwarding. Click on the
Mail Flow Settings
tab and enable the Enable email forwarding
checkbox. Enter the address
where mail shall forward in Forward to
You can also provide recipients limit and delete item retention in days.
A provider can "Allow to edit custom attributes" to Reseller, Customer, contact, Staff user under access permissions of Exchange
The Restrictions displays following:
Accept Message From: There are two options to select
- All senders: If selected, message will be
accepted from any sender.
- Only senders in the following list: If you
selected, the message will be accepted only from the addresses selected from the
Reject Message From: There are two options to select
- No senders: If selected, message will never be
- senders in the following list: If you
selected, the message will be rejected if coming from the addresses selected
from the list.
Click on Save button when done.
When a mailbox is first created it inherits the OWA and Service Access
(POP/SMTP/IMAP) from the service plan assigned to exchange organization. In some
cased you may want to change service features for individual mailboxes. You may
do this easily via web interface.
s tab you can manage following permissions:
- Send On Behalf
- Send As
- Full Access
Note: If Exchange provider is 2013 (CU9) or later display checkbox under mailbox permissions, SendOnBehalf \Send As "Message copy for Send On Behalf \ Send As enabled" [Checkbox]
In order to change a mailbox database Select Mailbox Database button ans select the desired DB from the drop down list as shown in the snaphot below:
First of all, UM Policy >> UM Dial Plans are created and managed on backend, review link below: http://jaapwesselius.com/2013/02/03/lync-2013-and-exchange-2013-unified-messaging/
- In order to manage Unified messaging navigate to the path: Home » Service Director » Exchange Hosting » Exchange Server Groups
- Assign UM policy to your Exchange Server Group.
MachPanel will fetch all policies and show you under Exchange UM polices
tab. Click on Edit Assignment
to assign policies to your Customer\Resellers.
Click on Activate
under Unified Messaging
tab of the selected Mailbox.
In order to manage Automatic Replies
select tab as shown below and select Enable
- Send replies only during this time period: Select to define time period.
- Send a reply once to each sender inside my organization with the following message: Type your message here.
Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization: Select to send
- Send replies only to senders in my Contacts list
- Send replies to all external senders
- Send a reply once to each sender outside my organization with the following message: Type and save your reply.
In order to manage Distribution List membership on a selected mailbox select Distribution List membership tab as shown below:
In order to manage journaling select Journaling tab:
In order to manage calendar permissions select Calendar Permissions tab and click Add Permissions button as shown below:
- In mailbox details, under calendar permissions tab, Default
& Anonymous groups will also be listed and their permissions can be
- Please note that Default and Anonymous user permissions are set to None by Fix Security Permissions operation.