This article provides information about how to add a new Exchange mailbox in MachPanel Control server.
MachPanel v6.1.30 & above.
Exchange has been integrated with MachPanel if not then follow:
- Go to Home >> Service Director>> Exchange Hosting >> Exchange Accounts
- Clicking on Exchange accounts will open the new page. Click on service management against the organization in which you want to create new mailbox,
- On the next page click on the Mailbox tab and then Move pointer\cursor on Add New Mailbox button and select Mailbox type as shown below.
- In Add Bulk Mailboxes, you can select Mailbox type from the dropdown list.
Types of Mailboxes supported in MachPanel:
Note: Please find the KB article for more details on "Linked mailboxes" at http://kb.machsol.com/Knowledgebase/Article/50339
- User Mailbox
- Room Mailbox
- Equipment Mailbox
- Linked Mailbox
- Shared Mailbox for Ex 2013\2016
Fill the form by
- Select Template: Select appropriate template for your Mailbox.
- Full Name: Provide full name of the user\mailbox.
- Primary Email: Provide your email address.
- Mailbox Type: Select mailbox type as mentioned above.
- Password: Provide password of length and complexity defined.
You can also assign "Permissions" such as Send On Behalf and Send As while creating Mailboxes.
- Mailbox Database: Select Database for the MB.
- Mailbox Size (in MB): You can select either unlimited or custom. When custom is selected you need to provide below:
- Issue warning at (MB): Provide limit to issue warning.
- Prohibit send at (MB): Provide limit to prohibit send at.
- Prohibit send and receive at (MB): Provide limit to prohibit send and receive at.
- Language: Select language of the MB.
- Timezone: Select TimeZone for the MB.
- Alternate Email: Provide if you require an alternate email address.
- After providing all the details on next page for the new mailbox, click on save and it will add a new mailbox for that organization showing provisioning status as shown in snapshot below:
To see complete details, click Group Actions Tab:
Wait for the status to update as Completed. If the Tries count stays on 0. Log into Control Panel Server and start MachPanel Provisioning Service. Recheck after 5 minutes.
Failed Status: If you see failed status please click on the Failed link & see more details of the issue e.g given below:
Error: As per error details provisioning service on remote server is stopped, Log into Remote server & start the provisioning service.
MachPanel will automatically tries to create the mailbox after you fix the backend issue. Refresh the page to see the updated result\status.