This articles describes in detail about the Integration of DNS Only Hosting (Shared/Web Hosting) and DNS Only Subscriptions and Management.
This article applies to MachPanel v6 and above.
- MachPanel Control Server has been installed, if not then follow below KB article:
- MachPanel Remote Server has been installed, if not then follow below KB article:
STEP-1: Integrating DNS Service with MachPanel Web Hosting:
- Open MachPanel Control Panel Website (You can do it by opening MachPanel Control Server Configuration Studio and then navigating to Configure > Control Panel Website, and then clicking on the URL in it). Log in with the provider credentials.
- Add Web Hosting server Group if not added already. Navigate to Home > Service Director > Web Hosting > Server group and then click on Add Server Group, as we added here in the following Snapshot (e.g: DNS only). For more details click Add Web Hosting Server Group
- Now Click on Server Group Name, new tab "Web Hosting Servers" will open and you will also see Services in options column.
- Click Services in the options menu against the desired server then click on Add Service button.
- To add DNS Service to your Hostmatic/Web server, select DNS from the drop down list.
- Now, select Provider for the DNS service and provide necessary details such as DNS Settings and Name server for this DNS. Click Save when done, See the snapshot below:
- In the Server Settings, by selecting Provider as Microsoft DNS, you have the following window as shown below.
- In the Server Settings, by selecting Provider as Simple DNS Plus, you have the following options to fill as shown below.
- In the Server Settings, by selecting Provider as Power DNS, you have the following options to fill as shown below.
- Hit Test Service for each service and if you get Successful message in Green then integration of that service is successful.
STEP-2: Creating DNS Only Product/Package:
- To add a DNS Only - Shared Hosting Product navigate to path: Home >> Service Plans >>Hosting Products. Select Customer Product Listing tab for Customer plan.
- Click Add New Product button as shown below:
- Now provide basic details such as Server Group, Product name and select Package Type DNS Only.
- Under Resources tab, Provide the following field.
- Maximum DNS Zones.
- Select Payment Cycles and Payment Groups and click Next.
- Add Price Group and click Next.
- Associate Add-on (if any) and then Finish to create the Package.
STEP-3: Provisioning and Selling of DNS Only - Shared Hosting Plan:
- In this step you have to sell and provision the DNS Only Plan to the customer. Select Shared Hosting under "Service".
- Select the DNS Only Plan under "Package".
STEP-4: Management of DNS Only Subscriptions:
- Navigate to following path to manage DNS Only Subscription: Home >> Service Director >> Web Hosting >> Hosting Accounts
- Select DNS Only Subscription and Press Manage tab as shown below:
- By pressing Manage you have the following options as written below:
- Generate Renewal Invoice
- Cancel Subscription
- Put on Hold
- Select Resources to get the Edit Resources tab as shown below.
- By pressing the Edit Resources, you have the following window as shown below.
- Now by pressing DNS Zones you have the following tabs.
- Create DNS Zones
- Import DNS Zones
- Now you can also Manage, Remove and Create Reverse Lookup of your DNS zone.
- By pressing Manage you can manage DNS Record, SOA Record and Add DNS Record as shown below.
- By pressing on SOA record you have the following window as shown below.
- Now you can save your updated SOA Record as shown below.