This article provides information how to handle the error due to recovery model of Database.
MachPanel v6 and later.
The transaction log for database 'MachPanel_Db' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databases
Error Message 2: Customers and Staff users cannot log into panel:
"Secret Key request failed Error occurred in sending secret key email, please try again later"
A recovery model is a database configuration option that determines the type of backup that one could perform, and provides the ability to restore the data or recover it from a failure.
If the recovery Model is set to Simple then this growth is abnormal , but if the Recovery Model is set to FULL (normally used for point-in-time restore AND/OR HA deployments) then such growth is expected and normal, but needs to be controlled with additional steps.
If it’s set to FULL then this growth can be tackled by backing-up log (LDF) files on a regular intervals. log backups make the space available for SQL Server to reuse for further logging.
Different Models are discussed here
In a nut shell , if Model is set to Full / log files must be backed-up regularly.
- If Database Model set to “SIMPLE” then shrink Transaction log file and regularly monitor the log file as in this model it should not grow that much.
- If the Database Model is set to “FULL” — firstly move it to simple mode then perform a shrink on that database and move back to Full. To avoid issues in future perform the below steps.
- Perform a full and transaction log backups separately.
- Create SQL maintenance plan (steps can be googled.) to automate the whole process.
- Add daily database backup along with maintenance clean up option
- Add daily log backup, set recursive frequency to 4 or 8 hours along with maintenance clean-up option to save disk space.