This article explains how to use Microsoft ProcDump tool to track down service crash by acquiring memory dumps.
This article applies to all build versions of MachPanel
For tracking down the reason for a service crash procdump tool is helpful. This can be accomplished through use of the Microsoft procdump tool to show problematic event automatically when the service crashes.
- Download procdump from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx
- Unzip the package to C:\procdump
- Open a command prompt
- Browse to c:\procdump (CD C:\ProcDump)
- After this, run the following command: procdump -e 1 -f "" MachSol.MachPanel.Provisioning-Svc.exe
- When service crashes, do copy and share full output from command window.
The command prompt must remain open, and you must not log out of windows. When the service crashes, it will stop at the crash event and the last few commands before crash will help us identify the issue.