This article provides summary for how to change password in MachPanel under Active Directory Domain section.
This article applies to all MachPanel Builds.
Error MSG: "The user name or password is incorrect."
Error occurs due to a change in Service Account Password (usually MPAdmin). The error occurs while making any change to existing objects (users, contacts etc.) or while adding anything new to any organization using MachPanel.
- To change the password of Active Directory from MachPanel Interface, navigate to the following path: Home » Service Director » Active Directory » Active Directory Domains
- Now click on Edit link as shown in the snapshot below:
- Under Active Directory Domain Detail tab apply changed/new password for the Active directory and Save the changes.
Note: Do not forget to click on "Test Service" in order to ensure that new password is synced to all remote servers.
Adjust MachPanel Provisioning Service properties on remote server
Please note that you have to adjust MachPanel Provisioning Service
properties. Following points need your attention.
For more detail review KB: https://kb.machsol.com/Knowledgebase/50017/Domain-User-Which-Is-Being-Used-For-MachPanel-Should-Be-Member-Of-Following-Groups-For-Standalone-Ex
- Please create Administrator/MPAdmin on AD.
- Give appropriate permissions to Administrator/MPAdmin i.e. make it member of administrator group.
- Go to Run and type services.msc
- On Services Manager Go to properties of MachPanel Provisioning Service.
- Click on Log On tab.
- Select the option This Account and enter login/password of account created above i.e. Administrator and its password.
Note: The service account must have Read/Write/Delete (full access) on Remote Server folder and sub folders.
How to Change Credentials for a server groups such as "SP Farm Admin" account?
- Navigate to following path: Home > Service Director > SharePoint Hosting > Server Groups
- Click Edit in front of the Server Group.
- Update password for Service account as shown below: