This article describes detailed steps to Install MachPanel Remote Server.
MachPanel build 6.0.36 and above
For best performance of MachPanel Automation Solution, make sure your system meets below Minimum RAM requirements:
Minimum System Requirements
MachPanel Remote Server
This is the server that is to be managed by MachPanel (Exchange, Skype for Business etc.).
RAM: 4 GB
(amount of free space is recommended for remote installation files, backups and logs etc.)
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition or later i.e. (Enterprise, Datacenter, Itanium)
MachPanel Installation is also supported on:
- Windows Server 2012 or later
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
Microsoft .Net Framework:
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 or higher
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.2 is mandatory and must be installed. This is not the same as .Net 4.5 under windows in features.This version of the .NET Framework runs side-by-side with the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and earlier versions, but performs an in-place update for the .NET Framework 4, .NET Framework 4.5 and .NET Framework 4.5.1.
Direct communication between control and remote servers over IP will be required.
Our MachPanel Provisioning Service binds with IP on NIC to create a Socket/TCP Channel over the selected IP and then communication is established between servers via this service.
Ports to Open
Port Number: 7860
Direction: Inbound/Outbound between all Control and Remote Servers.
Addresses to Allow
Below URLs must be accessible on Control Panel server(s) and Remote server(s) in order to Sync Licenses and perform updates.
- For Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010, MachPanel Remote Servers should be installed on Exchange Mailbox Server.
- For Exchange 2010 Hosted, MachPanel Remote Servers should be installed on the CAS Servers.
- For Exchange 2010 Non-Hosted\2013\2016\2019, MachPanel Remote Servers should be installed on Exchange Mailbox Server.
- In case of LYNC 2010 Standard Edition deployment, MachPanel Remote Server will be deployed on SE Server
case of LYNC 2010 Enterprise deployment, MachPanel Remote Server can be
installed on server where LYNC Management Shell is available (like on
- In case of LYNC 2010 Multi-tenant Pack, MachPanel Remote Servers should be installed on all Front End and Director Servers.
- In case of LYNC 2013, MachPanel Remote Servers should be installed on all Front End.
- In case of Skype for Business 2015\2019, MachPanel Remote Servers should be installed on all Front End servers.
- In case of server farm, MachPanel Remote Server will be installed on Web Front end Box.
- In case of single server deployment, MachPanel Remote Server will be installed on that same server.
- For CRM, MachPanel Remote Server should be installed on Application Server (Platform Server Role)
Web Hosting Server:
- MachPanel Remote server should be installed on all the servers
where Web Hosting services (IIS, FTP, Databases, DNS etc.) are
Follow the step by step procedure to install MachPanel Remote Server:
1) First step you need to install .NET Framework Features. For this, open Server Manager, click on 'Features' and click on 'Add Features': MachPanel now needs .Net 4.5.2 which is installed separately and you will get error in updates if this is not installed. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42643
The HTTP activation and Non-HTTP activation and the latest available .net version (4.5 for windows 2012 and 4.6 for windows 2016) should also be installed. See below snapshot for more details:
Finish the setup. Now your server is ready to install MachPanel Remote Server.
2) Now open http://www.machsol.com/ and click on Login link on top. Login using the credentials you registered with this site:
3) Click on 'Downloads' from the 'Products' section.Download link is only visible to Primary Contact (which is a registered contact at MachSol).
Note:You will be able to download the product only when the account isapproved by our sales team i.e. primary contact. Please contact the sales team to get thedownload section activated.