This article provides information on how to update ADSync tool to latest v22.214.171.124 HF2
This article applies to ADSync v4.3 or v5.0
Procedure To Update:
You can directly update from v4.3/v5.0 to v126.96.36.199 HF2 using this update.
You will need to download the ZIP file from link given at bottom of this article, Ensure the Zip file is "Unblocked"/"Unlocked" by checking from file Properties. Then Extract and use the appropriate x64 or x86 files based on your server OS.
There are two options:
a. Auto update: If you want to let the update process run automatically, please run ADSync.UpdateInstaller.exe from the extracted files. Please use "Run as Administrator" option. It will perform couple of reboots on its own to complete the update. Also, you need to run registry file (ADSync.PolicyLogger.reg) from update directory once update process is completed.
- Remove entry “ADSyncPolicy” from “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages“.
- Reboot Domain controller.
- Replace “ADSyncPolicy.dll, ADSync.PolicyLogger.dll and ADSync.ClientHelper.dll” files in "$windir\System32".
- Stop ADSyncSvc using Services.
- Replace "ADSync.ClientHelper.dll, ADSync.ConfigStudio.exe and ADSyncSvc.exe" in installation folder of ADSync
Example "C:\Program Files\MachSol\ADSync".
- Add entry “ADSyncPolicy” to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages“.
- Double click or run “ADSync.PolicyLogger.reg” file to update the linked assembly version in windows registry.
- Reboot the machine.
- Repeat Step 1-8 for all additional/secondary/backup domain controllers.
Improvements / New Features
Custom sync attribute for user sync
Security update to clear renewed password from cache on data upload.
User mapping screen/UI load time optimizations.
Configurable active directory user’s attribute for storage of sync information (previously it was fixed to ‘division’ attribute).
Clearance of stored password hash from cache (storage attribute) once data is uploaded to the hosted CP.
User mapping restricted on the basis of UPN only. (Previously it was considering display name too for mapping. It was causing mismatched mappings, hence removed).
Changed error message with more user friendly one when wrong admin credentials are specified.
Resolved / Fixed Issues
- Handled error when there is no object in the OU selected for Sync in Client AD.
Download link for ADSync Update Files: ADSync v.188.8.131.52 HF2