This article describers how to Integrate Domain Registrars (Enom), Add new TLD and selling of Domian Name Products.
This article applies to MachPanel all build versions
Integrate Domain Registrars:
Control Panel Supports automated domain registration, renewal, and
transfers with supported domain providers. Currently following domain
providers are supported:
- DirectI(Logic Boxes)
- Offline Domain Registrar
- Open SRS
- To view the list of available hosting panel providers, navigate to: Home » System Configuration » Providers » Domain Registrars
*Note: You can also check the Connectivity of Integrated Domain Registrar
- Click on the Configure link and follow the instructions below: In this KB we are using ENOM as an example.
- Provider: Friendly name for this provider. No need to change this field.
- Enable eNom: Select NO only if you want to disable the registrar. This will result in removal of TLDs assigned to this registrar from order forms and prevents system from renewing these TLDs.
- Enable Test Mode: Select YES if you want to perform test domain registrations.
- Allow Transfer: Will you allow domain transfer? Select Yes.
- Allow Change Contact Info: Will you allow user to change domain contact info? Select Yes.
- Parked Domain Name Servers: Select the name servers assigned by default to domain registrations.
- Allow Register Name Server: Will you allow to register child name servers? If selected Yes, customer can register child name servers using customer control panel.
- Admin Contact: Check Use Customer Profile Data if you want to use customer's profile for admin contact of newly registered domains, otherwise enter the information in the fields given.
- Technical Contact: Check Use Customer Profile Data if you want to use customer's profile for admin contact of newly registered domains, otherwise enter the information in the fields given.
- Billing Contact: Check Use Customer Profile Data if you want to use customer's profile for admin contact of newly registered domains, otherwise enter the information in the fields given.
Important: eNom TEST and LIVE servers are restricted by IP. You must contact eNom support, provider them your IP and request to allow it for TEST/LIVE API calls.
To do this:
- Log into your eNom reseller account, click on left menu option Help then, eNom Support Center link.
- Click the request help feature from Support Center tool.
- Send your login name and the IP address you want added to the live environment.
- You will receive a confirmation email with the case assigned.
- eNom will reply back via the assigned case when it's completed.
How to Create New TLD?
You can add as many TLDs (Top Level
Domains) to the system as you need. You can assign TLDs to appropriate
domain registration supported by the system.
- To create TLD navigate to following path: Home » Service Plans » Domain Name Products. Click Add New TLD button.
- General Info: When the page loads, you will see the following settings.
- Extension: Enter TLD name here. For example, for .DK TLD you will enter "DK" in this box.
- Registrar: Select the Registrar provider who handles this TLD. You may activate registrar providers from System Configuration » Providers » Domain Registrars.
- Active: Uncheck if you want to disable this product selling.
- Is Transferable: If this is checked then client can place transfer orders for this TLD on store front.
- Minimum Term: This is minimum period this TLD can be registered e.g. for .uk minimum period is 2 years.
- Remote Lock: Check this option if registrar locking for TLD is supported.
- Enabled for Commission based Resellers: Check box and select resellers.
Once you click Next button you will be present with series of forms to configure your product.
- Payment Cycles: This form lets you select Payment Cycles for the TLD. You must select at least one payment cycle and payment group.
- Select the payment cycle and click right arrow button to move it to Selected Cycles list.
- Select the payment group and click right arrow button to move it to Selected Payment Groups list.
- Payment Groups: This form lets you set prices for the Payment Cycles and Payment Groups you have selected in the previous step. Here you may set:
- Setup Price
- Renewal Price
- Transfer Price
Enter prices in each box.
- Associate Addon: This form lets you associate addon with your domain name. Your client may buy these addon using online store or order them through their customer control center.
Click Finish button to complete product setup.
Selling/Provisioning of Domain Name Products:
You can sell Domain Names either via Offline Order Form (MachPanel) or via E- commerce (Online Store)
- Sell Domain Name via Offline Order Form (MachPanel)
- Select Order Type, select TLD you created with the Enom registrar, provide VAT number and click Shopping cart as shown below:
- Provide payment information for domain name product. Click Save when done.
- You will land on Service Queue page where you can finally RUN the product. Or it will provision automatically.
- Click Control to manual Configure settings for example NS etc.
- Under Home >> Customer Manage >> Customers. Click on Customer Number and select Subscription tab. You will see the Domain Name product there.
- Sell Domain Name via E- commerce (Online Store)
- Once the order form is set up, you will see Launch Store link. Click on the link to launch the newly configured store.