This article provides a summary on how to enable Import/Export PST option only for Exchange 2013 or later in MachPanel.
This article applies to MachPanel Build v6.3.30 HF1 and later.
Import/Export PST option settings
In order to "Enable PST Import & Export Option" for Customers and Resellers, Enable permission under Access Template/Permissions, See image below for reference.
How to Configure UNC path for Import/Export PST?
- Navigate to path: Home > Service Director > Exchange Hosting > Exchange Server Groups and click on PST Export Settings as shown below:
Or Navigate to following path: Home > Service Director > Exchange Hosting > PST Exports/Imports and click Configure.
In the PST Import Export Configuration
perform below :
- Server group: Server Group name is shown for the PST Export configuration you are in for the respective server group e.g. Exchange-ESS2019
- Enabled: Check/Uncheck this box to enable/disable PST import/export
- Base url for PST download link: example: https://providersite/downloads/pst (This URL needs to be mapped on UNC Path for PST Download.). The logic behind this is that when you initiate a command to 'Export PST", the file is created in this folder and a link with file name is generated and sent to customer based on this Base url for PST download link.
- UNC path for PST download: When MachPanel sends command to generate PST zip file for download, the UNC path is used to store the file. example: \\webserver\site\pst
- Maximum export jobs to be created in parallel on a server: [value 1 to 100]
- Auto delete PST file from server after creation: [3-30] days.
- UNC path for import: You can specify path where all PST Files are stored. When you initiate an Import PST job from panel, this is the location from where the control panel will look for PST files.
UNC path scenarios:
- In case your control panel server is member of same AD as the Exchange server, you can create the UNC path on Control panel server under the control panel installation directory and your exchange server should be able to generate PST zip in that directory. For Base URL you can use the control panel address pointing to the same folder and your downloads should work.
- In case your control panel server is not a member of AD as the Exchange server, then you have to create the UNC path on the Exchange Server, as well as create a base URL on the exchange server, make it public so that the PST zip files generated by the panel are accessible to the public.
- The PST Export and PST Import tabs can be allowed /hidden via Access Templates. If those are unchecked customer/resellers cannot see PST Export and PST Import tabs.
- Configuration tab is not visible to customers. They cannot see the PST folder or its path. Only providers can add New Import job.
- Navigate to following Path: Home > Service Director > Exchange Hosting > PST Exports/Imports
- Click New Import Job under PST Imports tab as shown below:
- Only providers can add New Import job.