This article informs the public that MachPanel Installation or Updates do not support MSSQL 2005 from v5.2.10 HF3 as well as explains how to move MachPanel installation or MachPanel SQL Database (MachPanel_Db) from an existing server to a different Machine.
MachPanel all versions
If your MachPanel Control Panel installation is required to be updated to latest build/versions released after 1st March 2015, you must first update your current SQL Server 2005 to SQL 2008 or later or move the MachPanel database (MachPanel_Db) to a server that has SQL Server 2008 or later installed on it. Newer versions of MachPanel no longer support MSSQL Server 2005 and require all its users who want to apply latest updates and patches to have MSSQL 2008 or MSSQL 2017. If you are running MSSQL Server 2005, it is mandatory to update your installation of MSSQL Server.
To get your existing database server 2005 updated there are following possible scenarios:
A: Update Existing Deployment:
To perform an update of MSSQL Server 2005, please check details on link below from Microsoft:
B: Move to a New Deployment:
There are two possible case scenarios.
B1. Move Database only:
Please review following KB article for downloading and installation of SQL 2017 Express. http://kb.machsol.com/Knowledgebase/Article/53483.
- To Move MachPanel_Db from MSSQL Server 2005 to a different
server that has MSSQL Server 2017 installed on it, please follow
instructions on KB: http://kb.machsol.com/Knowledgebase/Article/50138
B2. Move Portal and Database Server both:
To Move the entire deployment of MachPanel Control Panel from one server
(where both portal and database and on same machine) please follow
instructions on KB link below:
Important Note: Prior to performing any action, please ensure
you have a FULL Backup of your MachPanel Database (MachPanel_Db) as well
as backup of MachPanel Installation Files on the same version.
Take Database Backup (Existing MS SQL Server where MachPanel Database Exists)
- Click Start >> Programs >> Microsoft SQL Server >> SQL Server Management Studio Express.
- MS SQL Management studio window will open up asking for Login and Password, login as Windows Authenticated User or SA.
- After login navigate to: Computer name (SQLServer) >> Databases >> MachPanel_Db.
- Right click on MachPanel_Db and click Back Up under Tasks and take full backup of your database on disk, for example on C:\.
- Name the backup file as per current control panel version (like: MachPanel_Db-Backup-6123.BAK)
Take Backup of MachPanel Installation files (Existing Server where MachPanel Web Server Exists)
- Open My Computer / Computer, go to "C:\Program Files\MachSol\MachPanel Control Server"
- Copy all files (Press CTRL+A and CTRL+C or Right Click on selected files and hit "Copy").
- Paste Files to new folder on a secure location. Name it "MachPanel Control Server - v.6.1.23"