Add-on actually is the right way of selling extra resources. This article entails how to create and provision an add-on.
MachPanel all versions
MachPanel allows you to extend your service plan offerings and accommodate additional features as and when available through the use of add-ons.
- An add-on enhances the capability of already created base plan through increase of features such as additional Mailbox storage, additional User Mailbox and additional set of Mailbox Templates.
- Selling of Shared and Resource Mailbox is possible via addons.
These type of add-on are automatically provisioned and managed by the system. Hence, MachPanel takes care of all the resource utilization.
If you have a Service Plan "base plan" initially created of 5 mailboxes with storage quota of say 5GB each and you have created 5 mailboxes already. Now you require one more mailbox with different storage suppose 1GB. But this is not possible since your base plan supports only 5 mailboxes and you have reached the limit. This would mean you either have to upgrade to a better service plan or edit the resources of existing one.
Another way to extend the offering of same Service Plan “base plan” is to create an add-on. You can sell add-on separately under the same base plan. If you don’t have add-on for Service Plan you can create one.
Now using the add-on option you can easily move to the next level to enhance your Service Plan of 5 mailboxes to sixth mailbox as desired, with any storage quota you want, Selling of Shared \ Resource Mailboxes and additionally MachPanel manages add-ons for you.
Creation of a Add-on:
For creating an add-on, please follow the steps given below:
Navigate to: Home >> Service Plans >> Exchange Hosting Products.
Go to Add-on Management
tab and select Add New Add-on
- On Step-1 you will have to select product type and add-on display name.
- On Step-2 set the exchange resources for the add-on.
- On Step-3 you will have to select payment cycles and price groups.
- On Step-4 enter the prices and discounts.
- On Step-5 add associated packages.
Provisioning\Selling of Add-On:
On Step-6 finally click Finish button. Now this Add-on is ready to be sold.
Please navigate to Home >> Customer Manager.
Click on Subscribe Service
and follow simple steps to sell add-on.
- On Step-1 Select billing currency, On Step-2 Click on Add-on
- On Step-3 Select the Add-on you want to add-on then save it in shopping cart.
- On Step-4 Add-on successfully added to shopping cart click Next.
- On Step-5 If payment has been made please add Transaction ID or click Payment Later & Save
The newly sold add-on order will be placed in Service Queue.
- This add-on order will be provisioned once it is Run through the Service Queue.
- Please navigate to Home >> Service Director >> Service Queue, Click on Run to provision the order.
- Click on the "Subscription Name" of a customer as shown below:
- Now select Add-on Tab and from options menu select "Edit Quantity".