MachPanel Provisioning Service Not Running or Does Not Start On Exchange Server 2007
MachPanel Remote Server
MachPanel Provisioning Service
The MachPanel Provisioning Service errors out when trying to start in service manager after changing it user identity.
Error Message says:
The MachPanel Provisioning Service on PCxxx started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if the are not in use by the other services or programs.
Please check following possibilities.
Step1: Check domain administrator
1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, double-click
Administrative Tools, and then double-click Active Directory Users and
2. In the console tree, click Users.
3. In the details pane, right-click the user (administrator2 that was for created for MachPanel) and then click Properties.
4. Click on the Member of tab to check that this user (administrator2) has following permissions:
- Domain Admins (Set Primary)
- Domain Users
- Enterprise Admins
- Exchange Servers
- Exchange Organization Administrators
- Group Policy Creator Owners
- Schema Admins
5. Click Add button in case any of the above mentioned permission is missing.
6. In Enter the object names to select, type the name of the user, group, as mentioned above then click OK.
Step 2: Also check MachPanel Provisioning Service is running under same user (i.e. administrator2)
1. Go to Start >> Run
2. Type services.msc and press Enter
3. Microsoft Services Window will pop up
4. In the right hand pane click on or navigate to MachPanel Provisioning Service
5. Right click this service and then click Start
Alternatively, you can also start and stop MachPanel Services using
Configuration Studio. For example, to start MachPanel Provisioning
Service, please open Configuration Studio and go to Configure >> Services and click Start All Services button. Similarly for stopping all services click Stop All Services button
CASE 2: A Firewall is blocking the port for MachPanel Provisioning Service
firewall has blocked MachPanel Provisioning Service to communicate
appropriately, please disable firewall or allow port 7860 which is used
by MachPanel Provisioning Service.
Check if the remote service has been installed properly. You can try reinstalling the service.