This article provides information on how to update ADSync tool to latest v4.2.
This article applies to ADSync v4.0 or later.
ADSync v4.2 works with MachPanel 6.1.30 or later. To upgrade you need to perform following steps on each Domain Controller in Local AD. For details about changes, please visit MachPanel v6.1.30 release note. http://kb.machsol.com/Knowledgebase/Article/55600
You will be able to perform update of your control panel server to 6.1.30 and schedule your ADSync customers to perform update to 4.2 at a later time. During this version mismatch between ADSync and MachPanel where ADSync is on version 4.0 or 4.1 and MachPanel is on version 6.1.30 the Sync Process will continue to work. Though this will work, but it is recommended to update ADSync clients to version 4.2 as soon as possible.
If you want to auto-update, please run ADSync.UpdateInstaller.exe, please use "Run as Administrator" option.
Also, you need to manually run registry file (ADSync.PolicyLogger.reg) from update directory once update process is completed.
To update manually please follow below steps.
- Remove entry “ADSyncPolicy” from “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages“.
- Reboot Domain controller.
- Replace “ADSyncPolicy.dll, ADSync.PolicyLogger.dll and ADSync.ClientHelper.dll” files in "$windir\System32".
- Stop ADSyncSvc using Services.
- Replace "ADSync.ClientHelper.dll, ADSync.ConfigStudio.exe and ADSyncSvc.exe" in installation folder of ADSync
Example "C:\Program Files\MachSol\ADSync".
- Add entry “ADSyncPolicy” to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages“.
- Double click or run “ADSync.PolicyLogger.reg” file to update the linked assembly version in windows registry.
- Reboot the machine.
- Repeat Step1-8 for all additional/secondary/backup domain controllers.
Download link for ADSync Update Files: (ADSyncUpdate4.2) Size: ~661KB